I have been playing around with the “Shortcuts” app on my iPhone, and one of the first shortcuts I created was a countdown to SIGUCCS 2019. Would you like to know how many days until we gather in New Orleans? (hint: we are under 100) https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/db1a52f0f6f54a419e2df3a70057623c
In other fun techie SIGUCCS things, Beth Lynn Nolen recently created images that we can use as our Apple Watch face! They are included in this article, and I also took a screen shot of my 38mm series 3 watch sporting SIGUCCS pride. Here are the quick directions of how to change your own watch face:
- Pick one of the images below (or both!) and save it to your iOS Photos app.
- From the Photos app, navigate to your new SIGUCCS photo.
- Tap the Share button (lower left corner).
- From the share options on the bottom row, find Create Watch Face.
- Tap Photos Watch Face.
- Set the settings and complications and then tap Add to send the new Watch Face to your Apple Watch.
The SIGUCCS Executive Committee has been looking forward to our 2020 conference – our location is selected and the core conference committee is being formed. Stay tuned for upcoming announcements and perhaps a sneak peek of the venue as the committee makes their site visit!
Consider joining the Book Club in August to read 2019 Keynote speaker Audrey Watters’ book “The Monsters of Educational Technology”. The Book Club also hopes to get together in person at the conference to discuss our October Book “Crucial Conversations”.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to me if you have any questions or suggestions – or would like to volunteer your talents and experience with us for SIGUCCS!