Do your New Year’s goals include personal professional development or a resolution to read more? Is there a stack of great books nearby that you’ve been meaning to read? Did you make a list of book(s) to investigate that you heard about at the last SIGUCCS conference? Are you nervous about reaching your Goodreads reading challenge?
Us too! Let’s work together to make it happen with SIGUCCS.
Your book club moderators for the first two months will be Laurie Fox and Mo Nishiyama. Mo and Laurie are buddies who frequently read the same book and share inspirational quotes from their favorite authors.
We will be hanging out in the #book-club channel in the SIGUCCS Slack space. Join us any time! Information about in-person hangouts will be announced later in January.
- Our January book is Daring Greatly by Brené Brown.
- The February book will be Atomic Habits by James Clear.
- At the end of January, we will begin to select books together.
Do you have any questions or suggestions for the SIGUCCS Book Club? Let us know in the #book-club channel. See you there!
A Few Rules
- The purpose of this book club is to read and enjoy new professional development books! Everyone is welcome to join the conversation. That includes people who have read the book before, people who have not yet read the book, and anyone who didn’t quite finish.
- You may find that you disagree with something that another member of the group has said. It is ok to disagree as long as it’s done respectfully.
- Keep on topic, but feel free to introduce information that is relevant to the discussion (historical facts, bio details, book background, related authors or topics).
- The moderators will serve to keep the group on topic, ensure everyone has a chance to contribute to the discussion, and assist with book selection and hangout schedules.