You’ve decided to submit a proposal to present at SIGUCCS, now what? What should you include in your abstract?
Take some tips from WAAA, also known as “We Are All Awesome” http://weareallaweso.me/for_speakers/how-to-write-a-compelling-proposal.html
- Direct your proposal to the attendees
- Be specific about the focus your talk will take
- Pose the question your talk will answer
- Use proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Make your point as succinctly as you can
Or, these tips from Sarah Mei at http://www.sarahmei.com/blog/2014/04/07/what-your-conference-proposal-is-missing/
- Imagine who will be at the conference
- Imagine the decision to see your talk
- Capture that excitement in your proposal
Remember your abstract is only 300 words. So get to the point. A catchy title and succinct description will not only get your proposal accepted, but also get attendees to come to your presentation.
Submit your proposal to the SIGUCCS 2019 Conference Call for Proposals (deadline is March 8). Feel free to ask questions and share ideas on the SIGUCCS Slack channel as you refine your conference proposal.