Volunteer Opportunities at SIGUCCS 2019
Our annual SIGUCCS conference simply could not happen without the help of a host of volunteers contributing their time and efforts to a variety of tasks, both behind the scenes and very much in front of the scenes.
If you’re interested in helping out in any way at this year’s conference – whether it be for one hour or many – we’ll be delighted to have you join our ranks. And if you’re not sure, consider that volunteering is also a great way to meet and connect with people, friends or colleagues old and new, while contributing to the success of our conference. It’s one of those rare win-win situations.
If you’re interested in volunteering at this year’s SIGUCCS, please fill out this form to let us know how you’d like to help. We’ll be in touch before the conference with more information.
Below are descriptions for the four volunteer positions that have the largest impact on the conference.
Session chairs have a small amount of work before the conference, as they have to pick which sessions they wish to chair, and then reach out to the presenters with a few simple questions to help with their introduction.
- Pre-conference: correspond with the presenter(s) prior to the event to obtain their bio
- Call the session to order and introduce the presenter(s).
- Assist with time management during sessions, providing 15, 10, and 5 minute notices.
- Formally end the session, reminding attendees to provide their feedback.
Registration Desk Host
- Welcome attendees as they arrive
- Provide attendees with their registration packets, including name tags and conference info
- Direct attendees to conference rooms, session, hospitality suite, restrooms, bar, etc.
- Answer various miscellaneous questions about the conference: schedule, wireless, local attractions, etc.
Immortalize our conference and community in digital form, photo-documenting all conference activities and attendee participation:
- Social gatherings
- Candids from the various conference activities
Hospitality Suite Host
- Help our Hospitality Suite Coordinator to host nightly activities in the Game Room and Karaoke Room
- Maybe start a game or two, or kick-off the Karaoke (not required)
- Assist with setup, clean-up, and all the bits in-between